Saturday, January 3, 2015
RE: INVITATION TO PARTNER IN CANCER WALK 2015
Kilele Foundation, Livestrong Kenya, Africa Without Cancer and The Zambezi Hospital Ltd. do wish to introduce the partnership proposals in ﬁghting the cancer endemic. Cancer has been identiﬁed as a silent killer in our communities especially because of low level of awareness, late presentation and diagnosis and lack of affordable facilities for cancer management. This affects the people and has a negative impact on the workforce thus burdening the business enterprises and government agencies.
In the light of the above, we have organized a cancer walk to be held on 7th February 2015 in commemoration with the world cancer day. This will be ﬂagged off at 7.30 am from Nyayo stadium. The event will be preceded by a medical camp at The Zambezi Hospital on 6th February 2015 featuring a number of FREE activities including;
· Screening persons for cancer.
· Examination and consultancy for cancer patients.
· Cancer education.
· Cancer survivors counseling and support.
· Cases requiring specialized treatment locally will be treated at The Zambezi Hospital and other selected
hospitals in Kenya with cancer management specialist.
The Zambezi Hospital will also partner with King David Medicine from Israel and a number of prominent medical practitioners internationally. To facilitate this event The Zambezi Hospital is seeking your support in the following areas;
· Financial aid to sponsor various activities aimed at mitigating the impact of cancer on our communities
· Material support i.e. medicines, personnel, security etc.
· Media and publicity.
The main purpose of the walk is to buy a mammogram machine at a cost of 5million. This will enable us offer mammography test at subsidized prices. Monies received will also sponsor disadvantaged cancer patients who are not able to pay their bills. Other funds will be distributed as follows:
a) Cancer Screening – 50%
b) Cancer Treatment – 20%
c) Cancer Diagnosis – 10 %
d) Cancer Research - 10%
e) Cancer Survivor Kit - 10%
The sponsorship will be based on the following categories in Kenya Shillings:
· Platinum - Kshs 1,500,000
· Gold - Kshs 1,000,000
· Silver - Kshs 500,000
· Organizations from Kshs 50,000
· Individuals from Kshs 5,000